List:       evlog-developers
Subject:    Re: [evlog-dev] Portability results
From:       Hien Nguyen <hien () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2004-05-12 2:27:27

Hi Benoit,

Thanks again for your contribution. Just to let you know that I do not
ignore your mail, I am so busy with some other stuff right now. I will
check back with you later after I look at your patch.
See my replies below..

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 08:58, Benoit Guillon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can now have evlog running on lynx 4.0 PPC boards! I attach the
> patches I did to make it work.
>
> Most of them are really specific and shouldn't be taken. However here
> are some points that I suggest to check:
>
> - listen(sd, 0) is really problematic, since it can make the
> evlnotifyd and evlogd daemons to deadlock

You're probably right, what do you suggest for queue = 0. If want only
one connection on this socket.

> - credential checks are not supported everywhere. Do you know if there
> is a standard way to proceed with it when it is not available?

No, I don't know a standard way, hence I implemented something similar
to cron.allow

> - why not using the POSIX sigqueue() function instead of the
> ugly-specific rt_sigqueueinfo syscall? If it is to be able to pass
> extra information, is this information really necessary?

Yes, we would like to pass some extra information, it was a posix
requirement. However, I don't know if it is still true.
> - some services are really specific to a linux system
> (_evlGetProcId(), validateProc()). It could be wise to put them in
> separate .c to show clearly what is system specific and what is not.
> What do you think?

Good idea. I will do that in next release.