List:       etux
Subject:    Notes on the GNU toolchain build for i386 to ARM using the BELS book
From:       Kaiwan N Billimoria <kaiwan () designergraphix ! com>
Date:       2005-09-07 15:38:47

Hello,

As a developer and trainer, I often encounter people/newbies (myself
included ;-) who need help doing a toolchain build. Once Karim's
excellent BELS book was out, this was fantastic and really helped people
like myself. At the same time, one does encounter a few
difficulties/hiccups along the way now and then even w/ the book, which
is of course why this mailing list does so well..

Well what's my point?
To help people using the BELS book effectively build a cross-platform
GNU toolchain, I've kind of documented many of the "hiccup points"
encountered in this process and have made it available online here:
http://www.designergraphix.com/kaiwan/articles/BELS_toolchain_notes.html

It's quite specific though to building a cross toolchain from i386 host
to ARM target and in fact deals specifically w/ building a toolchain for
the Zaurus SL-6000 PDA. Still, I thought this might help as a kind of
additional HOWTO guide to be used in conjunction with Ch 4 of the BELS book.

Your suggestions/views are most welcome.

Regards
Kaiwan.