List:       etux
Subject:    Re: DNS and NTP Servers
From:       Robert Schwebel <robert () schwebel ! de>
Date:       2003-11-06 17:09:54

Hi Maurizio,

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:43:51PM +0100, Maurizio Tomio wrote:
>  I am trying to develop an embedded DHCP/DNS/NTP server for my home
>  network. I will use an SSV DIL/NETPC with a ARM processor.

Well, not necessary to develop it yourself, everything you need is
already there.

>  Now i am struggeling around (because I am a newcomer in the embedded
>  linux world ) in trying to find help in finding and
>  configuring/compiling an DNS and NTP server for my embedded system.
>  For the DHCP Server there is no problem since there is an example in
>  chapter 10 in Karim Yaghmours "Building Embedded Linux Systems".  But
>  for the other two servers I am not able to find such information as
>  found in  Karim Yaghmours book.

Usually a Google search with "<your topic>" and "HOWTO" is very helpful:

	http://www.ntp.org/ntpfaq/NTP-a-faq.htm
	http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html

NTP should indeed not be too difficult, but you probably don't want to
run a bind site on your DNP :-) A short goolge search showed these ones:

	http://www.kyuzz.org/antirez/ens.html
	http://dproxy.sourceforge.net/

Robert
     Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4