List:       etux
Subject:    Re: ADEOS/RTAI
From:       Dan Kegel <dank () kegel ! com>
Date:       2003-09-11 18:08:18

Robert Schwebel wrote:
> Btw, we yesterday managed to compile a kernel and userland for our 405
> boards with the PTXdist compiler...

Hey, cool.  Say, do you have all the ppc405 erratum 77 workarounds?
I have them, but only for gcc-3.2.3 (I think later gcc's have them integrated)
and glibc-2.2.5 (ditto).
See http://kegel.com/xgcc3/ppc405erratum77.html
IBM may have fixed this in the 2003 edition of the ppc405, not sure.
Not having the workaround means occasional atomic operation failures,
which can be very hard to track down.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel