List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-users] Nettl trace files from hpux.
From:       Olivier Abad <oabad () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-05-24 12:20:52

Hi,

Sory for the late reply, but I'm away from home, and I don't check my
mail every day.

On mar, mai 22, 2001 at 03:05:03 +1000, HJORTH,SHANE (HP-Australia,ex2) wrote:
> Guy,
>
> I tried the recommended nettl command line instruction, and it does work. I
> fear that this command does strip a lot of the traffic though and when I
> recieve nettl trace files from customers they have not run this command
> line.

Yes, it only records IP (first command) or LAPB (second command)
frames.

> Ah well, maybe I should request an enhancement request : )

I didn't find useful documentation on the nettl format when I wrote this
module, so I only tried to guess what was useful for me : X25 and IP.

If you can send me a nettl file, I'll try to look at what can be done to
be able to read the different record types. But don't expect anything
before I'm back home (I have one more week of hollidays).

Olivier
--
	A man was reading The Canterbury Tales one Saturday morning, when his
wife asked "What have you got there?"  Replied he, "Just my cup and Chaucer."