List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-users] Bus error on solaris 5.7 (ethereal 0.8.13)
From:       Guy Harris <guy () netapp ! com>
Date:       2000-10-30 20:34:48

> I think the problem might be indeed int GTK+. Compilation was rather
> noisy

The particular piece of noise you cite is due to Sun's "Xlib.h" leaving
the "int" out of a declaration; the C language spec says that, in
declarations such as that, the type defaults to "int", so all GCC does
is warn you that it's doing that because it could mean somebody forgot
to declare the type of something that *wasn't* supposed to be "int",
but, in this case, the function in question *does* return an "int".

I.e., that *particular* warning doesn't say there's anything wrong with
GTK+ - it says there's something slightly annoyingly wrong with the X
that comes with the version of Solaris you're running, but nothing
severely wrong with it.