List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    RE: [ethereal-users] problems with the nt port
From:       "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice () trihedral ! com>
Date:       2000-09-28 15:32:28

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ethereal-users@zing.org [mailto:owner-ethereal-users@zing.org]On
Behalf Of Nick Slywczuk
Sent: 28 September 2000 16:10
To: ethereal-users@zing.org
Subject: [ethereal-users] problems with the nt port

if i follow a tcp stream in nt ethereal crashes.  im using a toshiba
satellite 320cdt w/ 96 meg of ram and a 3com nic.  is the problem with the
port or with my hardware.  when i run ethereal from a unix box it works
great.  but i cant take my unix box on site with me and i need nt on my
laptop(only because 90% of our customers use nt).  also when i have ethereal
running i cant multitask.  everytime a new packet comes in, ethereal comes
to the front of the desktop pile.  this is annoying when troubleshooting
routers via my telnet client.

please help

nick

I don't know why it should be crashing, do you have a capture file that
demonstrates the effect ?

Regarding the window popping to the front, I've been looking into this for a
while, but haven't found a solution yet.  The best I can offer is to make
the window as small as practical and stick it in a spare area of your
screen.

Regards,

Graham Bloice