List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    [ethereal-users] Re: building ethereal-0.8.12
From:       Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn () axis ! com>
Date:       2000-09-19 21:52:32

I found the source of my building problems. We have a local ucd-snmp
"utilities" package that is in bad need of better discipline. It overwrote
some of the header files, when installed after the libsnmp4.1 packages.

I don't understand why that package should install header files, but I'm
sure my systems administrators will give me (like they always do) a good
explanation for this too ;-)

Forcing a reinstall libsnmp4.1 and libsnmp4.1-dev removed the bad header
files and everything else worked out just fine.

And this discovery saved me from another sleepless night.
And everybody lived happily ever after ;-)

Good night guys,
Cristian

--
I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. -- Wilson Mizner