List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    [ethereal-users] Re: ethereal: error in loading shared libraries: ethereal: undefined symbol:
From:       Wes Hardaker <wjhardaker () ucdavis ! edu>
Date:       2000-07-31 17:48:47

Guy> The UCD SNMP library is installed as "libsnmp.so.0", but without
Guy> a "libsnmp.so" link to it; I'll have to see if there's any way to
Guy> beat out of the run-time linker the full name of the library -
Guy> wiring in "libsnmp.so.0" won't do very well if the major version
Guy> number gets increased to make it "libsnmp.so.1".

4.2 and above will be using libtool with versioning stuck at
libsnmp.so.0.4.2 (EG).  The .1 probably won't happen as we try not to
break backwards compatibility much (although, as you know, we already
did once).

Guy> (Note: "guy@alum.mit.edu" is on "ethereal-users", so there's no
Guy> need to CC that address if responding to "ethereal-users"; send
Guy> to "guy@alum.mit.edu" only if you're not sending to any of the
Guy> Ethereal lists.)

Most mailing software reply-to-all defaults won't do this automatically...

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."