List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    Re: [ethereal-users] about tcp stream and packet list in real time
From:       Guy Harris <guy () netapp ! com>
Date:       2000-07-27 7:29:27

> Recently I've installed Ethereal(Version0.8.9)

That's not the latest version - 0.8.10 is the latest version.

> on a platfrom of
> Win98.It seems that I had succeeded in capturing packets.but
> I can't update a list of packets in realtime(when I select
> [Capture]and [Start]to start a capture ,the item
> [update list of packets in real time]in a dialogisn't active so that I
> cann't select it).

That feature didn't work on Windows until 0.8.10; the NEWS file says:

	Overview of changes in Ethereal 0.8.10:

	* Support for "Update list of packets in real time" on Win32 (Graham)

You need to install 0.8.10 to get that to work on Windows.

> The other problem is I cann't do a Tcp Stream ,[Follow Tcp Stream ]in
> [Tools]isn't active .

It's only active if, in the list of packets at the top of the window,
you've selected a packet that contains TCP data; does it work if you
have selected a packet that's part of a TCP stream?