List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    [ethereal-users] How does Ethereal compare to proprietary analysers was Re: ...
From:       Leedsnet <info () leedsnet ! com>
Date:       2000-04-19 20:16:11

At 05:38 PM 4/18/00, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
>I have been asked by my boss to provide a solution to monitor and report
>bandwidth use in our network.. He is wanting to use Etherpeek which is a great
>product, ...

I have had considerable success using Etherpeek on the Mac, and would warmly
recommend it as well finished,functional and configurable program. I feel that
Ethereal has more or less caught up, and is in the process of overtaking
proprietary packet analysers. What do others think? Is this a case of
rose-tinted spectacles? Is there a comparison of different analysers out there?
Is there is a list of known deficiencies of Ethereal?

Ben.

--
Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
< URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/ >