List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-users] Can't open 7GB capture file -- have I Iost
From:       George Nychis <gnychis () cmu ! edu>
Date:       2006-03-26 18:56:00

Hi Jordan,

I would suggest you use some of Ethereals tools to make this process
much easier.

If I were you, I'd first do something like:
tethereal -r etherXXXW19P6S -R "udp" -w udp-only.log

That way you have a new log that only has the UDP traffic as though
thats how you originally did it ;)

Then your log file will be much smaller... if its still too big you can
try using tethereal to do what you need... you can also split the file
into multiple files.

Good luck,
George