List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-users] printing and saving options
From:       Fabrizio Bertocci <fabrizio () rti ! com>
Date:       2005-06-28 16:05:29

Smadi,
As far as I know, there's no way you can only save one field (you can
save the selected field by pressing CTRL+H, but only for the selected
packet).
What you can do is to export the entire trace using the menu:
    File -> Export -> as XML - "PDML" (packet details) file...
This will generate a file in XML format containing the entire tree with
all the fields.
Depending what you are planning to do with that you can either read the
field you are interested into directly from the file, or just write a
small parser that extract the field you want from that trace.

Fabrizio