List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-users] Supported PT code for RTP Packets
From:       Guy Harris <guy () netapp ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 20:15:09

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:20:17PM -0600, Bates, Curtis wrote:
> Thanks for the answer, but I am looking for something related more to the
> codecs.

It wasn't clear what you meant by "supported RTP payload type (PT) codes
that Ethereal will decode".  The list I gave was a list of the payload
types where Ethereal will actually dissect the payload, rather than just
showing it as a bunch of raw bytes.

If you want the list of payload types for which Ethereal currently knows
the *names* - which is a *much* larger list than the list of payload
types for which Ethereal can dissect the payload - then the list is,
according to a comment in the RTP dissector, from table B.2 in the ITU
recommendation H.225.0, and from RFC 1890, and was given in Martin
Regner's mail.

Note that the list in question lacks:

	> 12   QCELP
	> 16   DVI4
	> 17   DVI4

probably because they weren't in RFC 1890 - the list for which Martin
gave the URL

	http://www.iana.org/assignments/rtp-parameters

doesn't tag those with an "[RFC1890]" tag, meaning they probably weren't
in that list.

The tags in that list give references for the payload type.