List:       ethereal-users
Subject:    RE: [Ethereal-users] 802.11 Cisco 340 Problem
From:       "Joshua Wright" <Joshua.Wright () jwu ! edu>
Date:       2003-02-25 20:38:49

The airo-linux drivers on sourceforge in CVS are broken - the driver locks up when \
after a few seconds.  Unfortunately, these are the drivers for Aironet cards that got \
put into the Linux 2.4.20 kernel.

The 2.4.19 kernel airo-linux drivers work well and support RFMON - I use these \
drivers my my Cisco 350 cards.

Alternatively, you can follow the directions from the Wellenreiter project at \
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/wellenreiter/Wellenreiter/docs/README.LINUX.CISCO?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain \
(url *may* wrap :).  These instructions are for getting Aironet cards working in \
RFMON for use in Wellenreiter, and are applicable for generic use.

-Joshua Wright
Senior Network and Security Architect
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright@jwu.edu
http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

pgpkey: http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/pgpkey.htm
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73