List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    [Ethereal-dev] Re-developing the SMB dissector ...
From:       Richard Sharpe <sharpe () ns ! aus ! com>
Date:       2001-05-24 20:49:24

Hi,

over the next two weeks I will be spending time in Qantas club again, my
favorite place for developing Ethereal dissectors ...

That being the case, I was planning to do some work on the SMB dissector. I
had hoped to do:

1. Make the SMB header a group that you can open or close ... This is easy.

2. Add in support for UNICODE ... This is harder.

3. TVBuffify it.  This is real hard ...

4. Fix up the dissectors so they correspond more closely to the CIFS doco.

Let's see how far I get. I will have to unlimber my autogenerating scripts
again and fix them ...

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com