List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [ethereal-dev] IPX and 802.3, NetBEUI, etc
From:       Guy Harris <gharris () flashcom ! net>
Date:       1999-09-26 19:02:41

> Also, does anyone have any information on the original IBM PC Network
> Program? NetBEUI? etc ... I am seeking to verify some of my views.

I can't speak for the original program, but the IBM book "LAN Technical
Reference: 802.2 and NetBIOS APIs" is available at

	http://www.s390.ibm.com/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/BK8P7001/CCONTENTS

and it describes both the NetBIOS API and the original frame format for
NetBIOS (which is what's sometimes called "NetBEUI").

See also

	http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/TimothyDEvans/contents.htm

for more information.