List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [ethereal-dev] Changes/Suggestions...?
From:       Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny () jonny ! eng ! br>
Date:       1999-03-23 1:45:28

#define quoting(Guy Harris)
// > 5) BUG: If I don't enter a filename in the 'begin capture' dialog box,
// > why do I lose my data? (using ethereal 0.5.1.)
//
// Because Ethereal, instead of giving an error if no save file name was
// specified, just doesn't bother opening a file to which to save the
// packets, and because, if there's no file open, it just discards the
// packets, rather than saving them to a temporary file, or storing them in
// memory.

Could it, at least, keep the last file name given ?  I hate to retype
the file name and number of packets every time I start a new capture.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro