List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [ethereal-dev] Problems building the latest CVS tree
From:       "Gilbert Ramirez Jr." <gram () verdict ! uthscsa ! edu>
Date:       1999-03-14 17:21:08

As Richard Sharpe said:

> Hi,
>
> a couple of kind souls forwarded to me a copy of the latest source, but I
> had problems building it.
>
> Firstly, there were problems with g_slist_nth_data, and when I found the
> correct include file (glib.h, I think) I found that g_slist_nth exists but
> not g_slist_nth_data.  Does that mean I have to upgrade glib?

I believe this is in a later version of glib-1.0.x. Could you please let me
the version of gtk+/glib that you are using (gtk-config --version, I
believe). I'll provide a patch to make it compile right.

> Secondly when trying to run make, I now get a hang at the following point:
>
>  make all-recursive
>  make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ethereal-0.5.2'
>
> Making all in wiretap
>  make[2]: Entering directory
> `/root/ethereal-0.5.2/wiretap'
>  cat filter-eth filter-tr | ./filterc >
> /dev/null
>
> And there it hangs ...
>
> What could be the problem? I wonder.

Hmmm, I don't know why it hangs, but it's definitely because of something I
put in; I'll look into and I'll be waiting for your version gtk+. Perhaps
it's related....

> Regards
> -------
> Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
> NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
> Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
> Samba (Team member), Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, C, ...

thanks,

--gilbert

--
Gilbert Ramirez                Voice:  +1 210 358 4032
Technical Services             Fax:    +1 210 358 1122