List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [ethereal-dev] Thoughts
From:       Bill Fumerola <billf () jade ! chc-chimes ! com>
Date:       1998-09-17 17:51:46

I own netxray and constantly use this feature watching for requests
(oracle / sql in my case.) This would be nice.

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Don Lafontaine wrote:

> Another thing,  it would be nice to have an option to capture to memory
> instead of disk. There is a discrepancy between the NG sniffer and
> Ethereal data that bothers me somewhat.  Make a command-line/menu option
> to reserve xMB memory,  and use that for the trace.  (Circular
> bufferring for those long traces waiting for an event to occur).

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany