List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    [ethereal-dev] Duh! [WAS: TCP reconstruction]
From:       Mike Hall <mlh () io ! com>
Date:       1998-09-16 6:40:58

Sorry guys. I realized tonight that I sent a patch with out the follow.c
and follow.h file in it. follow.c has the bulk of the reconstruction code
in it.

Guess I shouldn't try to make patches at 2:30am :)

This patch should work alot better. I compiled it on pow.zing.org
looks like the autoconfig process is different with what is in cvs
compared to the tar.gz. Maybe it's just sparc linux features. I did get it
to compile. Let me know if you want to merge it into the cvs tree.

I also patched a fresh -15 tree on intel-linux without a problem.

I ran the code on both sparc and intel and it's working great. One note
for doing session reconstruction, use a snaplen = MTU. For most this will
be tcpdump -s 1500.

Also, any chance we can get a CVS server setup on pow? This would allow us
to do cvs using the client/server method. I have been doing cvs admin
duties at work for the past week. I would be happy to help set this up.
You can put passwords on the cvs accounts and it's not too difficult to
set up. Let me know if you want some help with this :)

--Mike

| Mike Hall               Real programmers dream in Java.           |
| mlh@io.com          Linux rules! Everything else just works.      |
|             finger mlh@io.com for public PGP key                  |