List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    [Ethereal-dev] [TCP Previous segment lost] on loopback device
From:       Shaun Jackman <sjackman () telus ! net>
Date:       2004-06-16 23:37:24

When capturing packets on the loopback devices, I am seeing the
message [TCP Previous segment lost] regularly. Also, many packets
have bad TCP checksums. It seems like the Linux loopback device is
not very well behaved for packet capturing. Can anyone confirm my
observations? I'd be very interested in hearing a solution.

Cheers,
Shaun

$ ethereal -v
ethereal 0.10.4
Compiled with GTK+ 2.0.2, with GLib 2.0.1, with libpcap 0.6, with libz
1.1.4, with libpcre 3.4, without UCD-SNMP or Net-SNMP, with ADNS.
Running with libpcap (version unknown) on Linux 2.6.3-1-k7.