List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-dev] [patch] simply bug in toolbar.c
From:       "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping () web ! de>
Date:       2003-10-30 8:30:12

Guy Harris <guy@alum.mit.edu> schrieb am 29.10.03 23:43:43:

> > BTW: This is a GTK2 problem, as I tried it without the patch with GTK1
> > and have no problems. Please don't ask me why this is working in GTK1
> > and not in GTK2, as I don't see the any difference at this point :-(
>
> It looks like a GTK2 *bug*.  At least as I read the documentation, the
> last argument to "gtk_toolbar_append_item()" is the user data to be
> passed to the callback; if that's not being passed to
> "display_filter_construct_cb()", that sounds like a bug.  The only
> other possibility I can see is that the calling sequence for toolbar
> callbacks changed between GTK+ 1.2[.x] and GTK+ 2.x, so that the user
> data isn't passed as the second argument.

After having another look at my toolbar.c, this was my fault (not a GTK2 bug). As I'm \
currently experimenting with application specific stock icons, I have made a mistake \
in this call passing a NULL pointer. When I ran into this problem, I had a short look \
at menu.c, where the call is as I had mailed. So I thought this was a bug in \
toolbar.c, sorry for all the confusion, but the current solution is much better, as \
it's doing things the same way.

> I've checked in a change to call "dfilter_dialog_cb()" *AND* to get rid
> of the "args" structure and pass NULL to the callback.

As it should be, like in the same call in menu.c

> The work in question means turning it from an "Edit Display Filters"
> button to a "Filter Display" button, which would presumably work the
> same way the "Filter:" button in the status line works (otherwise, the
> "Ok" and "Apply" buttons wouldn't make any sense and wouldn't belong
> there).  Is that what you had in mind?

This comment was simply copied from another place in the source (I can't remember the \
exact place), quite a while ago.

I would prefer that behaviour, too. IMHO the "Ok" and "Apply" buttons should be \
always visible, regardless from which menu/toolbar place the dialog is called. But \
the buttons should be sensitive only, if a capture file is present (and "greyed" if \
not).

Regards, ULFL