List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-dev] erase other uninterested proto?
From:       "J.Smith" <lbalbalba () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 21:14:36

Well I don't think that it is possible to compile in the way that you would
like to. But Ethereal allows you to use 'filters', with which you can
specify what type of traffic you would like to capture or display. So when
using a 'normally' compiled ethereal, you can choose to either capture only
the type of traffic youre interested in, or capture everything and then
choose to only display the type of traffic youre interested in. It seems
like this does what you are looking for.

(Please note: this kind of question seems more appropriate for the
'ethereal-users' mailing list, maybe you should submit these type of
questions there.)

Sincerely,
J.Smith