List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-dev] PPP Protocol Reject messages
From:       Guy Harris <gharris () sonic ! net>
Date:       2002-11-28 20:48:58

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 04:01:03PM +0200, Pasi Eronen wrote:
> Currently the PPP dissector doesn't dissect the packet inside
> a LCP Protocol Reject message, but shows it just as hex. The following
> patch adds support for this.

Checked in, with some changes:

	in the current CVS tree, "subdissector_table" is now called
	"ppp_subdissector_table" (as it's exported for use by the GTP
	dissector);

	I redid the stuff to call the subdissector to be similar to what
	the ICMP dissecotr does when it dissects IP packets inside ICMP
	error packets, so that

	   columns don't get updated to match what's in the
	   included packet;

	   we don't report ReportedBoundsError exceptions, as the packet
	   might be truncated to fit the peer's established MRU.