List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-dev] AC_ETHEREAL_GNU_SED_CHECK and libtool 1.4.3
From:       Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof ! de>
Date:       2002-10-31 9:09:02

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:01:00AM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> Libtool 1.4.3 was recently released. With it, you no longer need
> AC_ETHEREAL_GNU_SED_CHECK.

Thanks for the notice. Unfortunately, we have to support older
versions of the build tools as not everyone can/will update his
libtool on their sometimes rather old aix/hpux/solaris/etc system.
So, as long as we want to support older libtool versions, we have
to keep this test in (although we might copy the official test
into acinclude and rename it ac_ethereal_gnu_sed_check in case it
has advantages over the version we use now).

 Ciao
 J=F6rg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know