List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    SV: [Ethereal-dev] libxml dictionary.xml Diameter: Unable to find name for command code
From:       "Martin Regner" <martin.regner () chello ! se>
Date:       2002-10-29 6:09:16

Eddie Luc wrote:
>** WARNING **: Diameter: Unable to find name for command code
>0x0063622f, Vendor "892417839"!
>
>** WARNING **: Diameter: Bad packet: Bad Flags(0x2f) or Version(71)
>
>** WARNING **: Diameter: Unable to find name for command code
>0x0063622f, Vendor "892417839"!
>
>** WARNING **: Diameter: Bad packet: Bad Flags(0x2f) or Version(71)

My guess is that you have some packets sent to or from TCP port 1812 that is
the default port number used for Diameter protocol (http://www.diameter.org/).
That is the reason why Ethereal tries to dissect them with the Diameter dissector,
but actually it might be that it is isn't Diameter packets you have received.

If you are not interested in Diameter protocol you can change the default port number in the Diameter
settings (Edit/Preferences.../Protocols/Diameter). You could set the port number to
0.

Another alternative is to disable the Diameter protocol (Edit/Protocols...), but then you may
need to do this every time you start Ethereal.

You can also find some more information in the following old answer:
http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200202/msg00045.html

Regards,
  Martin