List:       esb-java-dev
Subject:    [Carbon-dev] Governance Registry Custom Query issue.
From:       David Carver <dcarver () intalio ! com>
Date:       2011-09-26 21:42:09

Following the article on doing Custom Queries
(http://wso2.org/project/registry/4.0.0/docs/developer_guide/custom_query.html#custom-query) \
 with the Registry, I'm running into the following stack trace:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement cannot be cast to
org.apache.abdera.model.Feed
     at
org.wso2.carbon.registry.app.RemoteRegistry.executeQuery(RemoteRegistry.java:1332)
     at
org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.session.UserRegistry.executeQuery(UserRegistry.java:1251)
  at
org.ebayopensource.turmeric.repository.wso2.RepositoryServiceProviderImpl.searchAssets(RepositoryServiceProviderImpl.java:197)

I'm using the RemoteRegistry implementation, with Governance Registry 4.0.0.

         String searchByID = "SELECT REG_PATH_ID, REG_NAME FROM
REG_RESOURCE WHERE REG_PATH_ID = ?";
         try {
             Resource queryResource = registry.newResource();
             queryResource.setContent(searchByID);

queryResource.setMediaType(RegistryConstants.SQL_QUERY_MEDIA_TYPE);

queryResource.addProperty(RegistryConstants.RESULT_TYPE_PROPERTY_NAME,
RegistryConstants.RESOURCES_RESULT_TYPE);
             registry.put(RegistryConstants.CONFIG_REGISTRY_BASE_PATH +
RegistryConstants.QUERIES_COLLECTION_PATH +
"/turmeric-queries-findbyid", queryResource);

             Map<String, String> parameters = new
ConcurrentHashMap<String, String>();
             for(Artifact art : artifacts ) {
                 parameters.put(art.getArtifactIdentifier(), "%services%");
             }
             Collection paths =
registry.executeQuery(RegistryConstants.CONFIG_REGISTRY_BASE_PATH +
RegistryConstants.QUERIES_COLLECTION_PATH +
"/turmeric-queries-findbyid", parameters);

             return RSProviderUtil.setSuccessResponse(response);
         } catch (Exception ex) {

I'm trying to search by the generated artifact id.  However when it
executes the query, we get the exception.

Dave