List:       esb-java-dev
Subject:    [Carbon-dev] Handling Configuration files in components
From:       Srinath Perera <srinath () wso2 ! com>
Date:       2011-03-31 7:47:00

Hi All,

Each component should be able to work by just adding  component to the
carbon server without any configurations.

One common problem when trying to achieve this is  configuration
files. If the component depends on the configuration files, it might
fail to start.

I chatted about this with Azeez, and following is what we think is the
right procedure.

1. Each component should check CARBON_HOME/conf/advanced for the
configuration file (if there is any)
2. If file is found, start the component using the configuration file
3. Each component should have a default configuration file within the
jar, and if configuration file not found in the
CARBON_HOME/conf/advanced, boot the compoant using the default
configuration file.

If #3 is not possible, it should be discussed in this list, and we can
find a solution collectively.

--Srinath