List:       esb-java-dev
Subject:    Re: [esb-java-dev] Fix for ESB UI on Firefox3
From:       chanaka jayasena <chanaka () wso2 ! com>
Date:       2008-06-28 4:22:46

Ruwan Linton wrote:
> Keith Chapman wrote:
>> Hi Chanaka
>>
>> What exactly was the issue? Was it
>> <xmlObject>.getElementsByTagName("Body")[0]? or calling childnodes?
> Keith, I think the issue is getElementsByTagName and passing just the
> localName to retrieve the nodes. But I am not 100% sure on this,
> because I don't have FF3 for the moment to test it.
In both of the browsers the "Xml Object" was identical. But
getElementsByTagName("Body") returns an Empty HTMLCollection object in
Firefox3. In Firefox2 this is a list of nodes which has the message body
as it's first element. So the problem is with the "getElementsByTagName"
functions behavior, when the tag name is "Body".

Thanks,
Chanaka