List:       eros-port
Subject:    [EROS-Port] Re: Latest update
From:       Jonathan S. Shapiro shap () cs ! jhu ! edu
Date:       2000-10-16 6:54:23

Charles Landau wrote:

> I see you made the change to the machine-dependent links.
>
> Why do I still have a base/sys/arch/i486/eros/fixregs.h and floatregs.h?
>
> I updated my .forward file to point to clandau@macslab.com, which is
> where I get my personal mail.

Per an earlier note, I made a change to the kernel tree today that moved
all of the files in .../base/sys/arch/i486/eros/ into
.../base/sys/eros/i486/. In theory, running "cvs update -d -P" will prune
the directory for you.

As bad luck would have it, that directory has some generated files in it,
and if you don't do a "make clean" before you update, these files linger in
the directory. CVS tries to be a good citizen, and seeing these lingering
files it helpfully refuses to prune the directory.  Sigh.

The easiest thing to do is to remove these files by hand, cd up one
directory to ../arch/i486, and type

    cvs -d -P

Jonathan