List:       eros-port
Subject:    [eros-port] Developing drivers
From:       Trey Boudreau <trey () treysoft ! com>
Date:       2002-08-04 5:13:54

Howdy all,

I've followed EROS for quite some time, but I've never done any development
work under it.  In order to get current, I built OpenCM and sync'd a copy of
PUBLIC/EROS/DEV/eros.  Previously, I'd built a bootable floppy from the EROS
sources, but for the whatever reason I've gone stupid and can't seem to
remember how to do this.  If anyone can point me to a current .html or README,
I'd appreciate it.

How this relates to driver development:  I've recently written a graphic
console driver for VMWare 3.1.1 for another OS, and I wanted to get my feet wet
in EROS by doing the port.  If anyone can point me in the right direction for
this info, I'd appreciate that, too.

Thanks,
-- Trey