List:       eros-arch
Subject:    [EROS-Arch] Reply key in key0 - returner change
From:       Charles Landau <clandau () macslab ! com>
Date:       2001-04-20 4:57:26

"Jonathan S. Shapiro" wrote:

> why should returner rotate the positions? Seems to me better to
> return all responses in keys 1,2,3, and leave pos'n 0 unfilled. There
> isn't anything at the moment that returns more than 3 keys anyway.
>
> What am I missing?

> > ------- Additional Comments From clandau@macslab.com  2001-04-18 23:46 -------
> > Does this change include rotating the resume key generated by a call to the first
> > passed key position? If so, a collateral change is required in the Returner. It
> > should rotate the returned keys, so the second key passed is the first returned,
> > etc.

Take the space bank for example. It returns a key in key0. It uses the returner to
make the return. If the returner is returning to the resume key in key0, another slot
has to have the key to be returned.

Or do you propose to change everything that returns a key to skip key0 and start with
key1? That would be a bigger change. And I thought the whole point was that IDL
doesn't like to skip a slot.