List:       eros-arch
Subject:    EROS-OS.ORG rebooting regularly
From:       Jonathan S. Shapiro shap () eros-os ! org
Date:       2000-07-19 19:42:54

In the last few weeks we've had a lot of problems with eros-os.org going
down. I believe that it's due to a bug in the linux networking code.
Eventually the network ports get exhausted and network connections stop
happening. It may be that the real culprit has been anonymous CVS.

As you all know, I'll be moving the site to hopkins shortly. In addition to
putting it all on better hardware, this will let me be on-hand to figure out
what is going on.

As a somewhat draconian "fix", I've now set the machine to reboot
automatically every 4 hours, which ought to help reduce the problem.

shap