List:       eros-arch
Subject:    Core table structure
From:       Jonathan Shapiro shap () cobra ! cis ! upenn ! edu
Date:       1995-09-09 22:22:18

   I think the real challange is at the programming language level where you
   want the packing of objects into memory to be independant of the
   description of their use.  Separate arrays (old fashoned Fortran style) are
   easy if they show through in the program.  Can you do this kind of
   rearangement and maintain efficency in (e.g. C++) giving most of the code
   the illusion that it is dealing with one array of structures?

Yep.  If I put accessor/mutator functions in the CoreObject structure,
they can just go off and reference the array transparently, and the
ager can refer to the array directly.