List:       eros-arch
Subject:    Kernel RPC/Resume Keys
From:       William S. Frantz frantz () netcom ! com
Date:       1994-12-21 23:05:50

> For example, is it possible in KeyKOS to force a
> domain out of the waiting state and invalidate its resume keys,
> without destroying the domain?

There is a call on the domain key which will do this.  However, efficent
timeouts are a hard problem.  I think it is somewhat related to UNIX
signals in that what you are trying to acheive is an interrupt without
the programming environment to support it.  N.B. A Domain keeper can
also simulate a real, old fashioned interrupt.  Now all you need is
C library support.