List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Problem with kodi multimedia player
From:       eric <eriic1 () cox ! net>
Date:       2019-02-10 6:00:17

On 2/8/19 1:53 AM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 08:28:20 -0800 Eric <eriic1@cox.net> said:

>>> I've had a similar experience with various apps using hardware acceleration,
>>> so I blamed Radeon for it.
>>>
>>> The workaround for me has been to press Ctrl+Alt+End which restarts the
>>> compositor and the app window is rendered properly thereafter.
>>>
>>> HTH in your case.
>>>

>> Thank you for responding but unfortunately no luck with the Ctrl+Alt+End.
>>
>> I have seen that there are similar problems when using the Cinnamon
>> desktop that has something to do with the rendering of kodi.
>>
>> I was hoping someone had it working from the list and could tell me
>> their secret.  :-)
>
> http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-5c5d426e1f3f71.90449760.jpg
>
> :)
>
> out of the box (amdgpu driver). FYI I also have it working on an intel gfx
> system too - no issues there. have had that one going for maybe 1.5 years? i
> have in the past had it work on nvidia drivers too. sorry that it's a tale of
> "it just works" with no help there, but suffice to say it can and does work for
> people, so maybe there is something more specific you are doing that others are
> not that causes this?

Thank you for the information.  You and Daniel both give me hope that it
can be done as it is being done.  It is more than likely something that
I am doing or failing to do.

Ubuntu is the only distro I build enlightenment from source anymore and
my Arch boxes are pretty sparse with what I install so I may be missing
something.  Also these are all laptops with intel i5 or i7 with either
intel or nvidia video which I should have mentioned in the beginning.

Regards,

Eric