List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Elementary application / render to memory buffer
From:       Markus Svilans <msvilans () aeonyx ! ca>
Date:       2016-07-05 17:24:32

Thanks very much, Cedric.

I wasn't about the proper place to send my query.

I've added some details below.

> Not to sure of your goal, but I think that Ecore_Evas extn backend
> does exactly what you are describing. You can also look at elementary
> ELM_WIN_SOCKET_IMAGE that does use Ecore_Evas extn infrastructure to
> do this.

My goal is to access the raw pixel data of the buffer, after each time
Elementary/Evas has rendered the GUI widgets and other Evas objects.
Our in-house code needs to process and compress the image data, before
forwarding to an external device.

Best regards,
Markus