List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Dropbox and network applets disappear before an upgrade
From:       Mick <michaelkintzios () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-06-14 7:10:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 14 Jun 2015 01:00:32 Claudio Cesar de Sa wrote:
> Mick
>
> Thanks for your  help.
> Where is the  place to check on systray module ? Enabled or loaded by which
> command?

Left click on the desktop/Settings/Modules/Systray

or

Left click on the desktop/Settings/Settings Panel/Extensions/Modules/Systray.

After you enable the systray module, right click on the Shelf and go to
Contents where you can enable the systray.

> About the default thème ... I am using one theme from Sparky. Any
> additionnal package to install?

I am talking of the default theme that e ships with.  I don't know what Sparky
offers.

Also in shelf/Settings/Style leave it as default.  If you make it Transluscent
or Invisible you may find that the Systray becomes more temperamental - some
times it shows, some times not and systray icons may overlap each other.

> Le 13 juin 2015 4:26 AM, "Mick" <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > Hi Claudio,
> >
> > On Saturday 13 Jun 2015 03:31:28 Claudio Cesar de Sa wrote:
> > > Hi  guys
> > >
> > > I am not sure if it os correct forum to post doubts ans question on
> > > Enlightenment.
> > >
> > > Since I upgraded my  system un this month,  the  applets (small icon)
> > > of Dropbox and  network configuration disapeared.
> >
> > I think you are referring to the systray module.
> >
> > This has become temperamental as time progresses.
> >
> > > Any idea to fix  it? Reinstalling the  Dropbox? And about thé others
> > > applets? I am using the  e19 native from Sparky Linux (an impressive
> > > distro)
> >
> > Make sure that the systray module is enabled.  Set your shelf to default
> > theme. Also right click on it, go to Settings and enable Xembed.  Restart
> > e to
> > make sure it reloads everything.  If it doesn't work, then you're
> > probably out
> > of luck until some e dev does something about it - from what I understand
> > not
> > all applications behave in systray the same and this make the design of
> > systray on e somewhat problematic.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Mick