List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] cannot enable systray in e19: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownInterface Interface no
From:       Simon Lees <simon () simotek ! net>
Date:       2015-04-30 10:19:54

On 04/30/2015 02:54 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:47:24AM +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
>> The Connection Manager module is a good replacement for the NetworkManager
>> applet thing. I believe Xembed support has been removed from Enlightenment
>> for quite a while now. I think if you can get the NetworkManager applet
>> built with 'appindicator' support, it *may* work in systray, though I
>> haven't tried this myself ( Connection Manager was easy to build and use ).
> Thanks for the details.
>
> So, if Xembed was removed, doesn't that kill systray altogether?
No, it just means systrays take a new form / use a new API. This api is
known as appindicator, kde5, unity, gnome and enlightenment have all
dropped the old xembed systray in favor of the appindicator dbus api.
Most apps are slowly porting to the new format for Qt4 apps you can
install sni-qt and it will happen automatically, most python apps will
also work if you install the right modules.

The version of nm-applet in git supports appindicator if you use the
compile flag and it works (I tested it)