List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Who has changed my home directory ?
From:       Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster () rasterman ! com>
Date:       2014-12-11 0:34:36

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:07:33 +0100 Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu> said:

> 1- Who has changed my home directory ?
>
> Well, I call "home directory" my /home/pcouderc.
> When I start terminology, I would like to arrive in it, but it has been
> changed elswhere.
> More over, this elsewehre is the "default" directory of  unzip !
>
> So, who has changed my home directory ?
>
> 2- How can I reset it to /home/pcouderc

no - terminology doesnt go start in $HOME... it starts in whatever cwd (current
working directory) is. this is what xterm does. what other terminals do. in
fact what all apps do. they dont change current dir. they stay where they are.
enlightenment itself also doesnt change cwd. it stays where it is when run. the
only exceptions to this are things like "open terminal here" menus in efm that
switch cwd to that dir, run the thing, then switch back to where they were.

so your problem is almost certainly the cwd that e is run from...

nothing to do with e, efl or terminology. entirely to do with your run
environment. :)