List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    [e-users]  Theme editing (Was: Enlightenment is Ugly and Awful)
From:       Markus =?iso-8859-1?Q?T=F6rnqvist?= <mjt () nysv ! org>
Date:       2014-06-30 18:12:15

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 05:45:38PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> there are several. editje in python, enventor is a new one in c (with text +
> preview to the left), and eflete (a theme editor geared to elementary with
> templates).

Editje looked like it's not exactly maintained. Not sure if I brushed it off
too lightly, but the manual gives 404. One Github repo/fork had commits from
years ago, which doesn't sound too nice as I understand the theme format just
changed...

Eflete complained like crazy. Does this have something to do with the format
change?

ERR<4538>:eo lib/eo/eo.c:600 _eo_call_resolve() in lib/edje/edje.eo.c:328: you called \
func 'edje_obj_signal_emit' (642) which is unknown in class 'Elm_Layout'.

> for you - i might suggest enventor right now.

Thanks, but I couldn't make heads or tails out of it...

After I extracted the default theme's edj file and added the paths into
Enventor's path settings, I got complaints such as these:

edje_cc: Error. PARAMS:
edje_cc: Error. /home/mjt/tmp/default_theme/edc/comp.edc:1 unhandled keyword
group
edje_cc: Error. PARSE STACK:
group
edje_cc: Error. PARAMS:
ERR<8423>:edje lib/edje/edje_util.c:3098 _edje_size_min_restricted_calc() file \
/home/mjt/e18/share/enventor/themes/enventor.edj, group edit_layout has a non-fixed \
part 'elm.swallow.edit'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing \
discarding faulty part. ERR<8423>:edje lib/edje/edje_util.c:3098 \
_edje_size_min_restricted_calc() file \
/home/mjt/e18/share/enventor/themes/enventor.edj, group edit_layout has a non-fixed \
part 'elm.swallow.edit'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing \
discarding faulty part. ERR<8423>:edje lib/edje/edje_util.c:3101 \
_edje_size_min_restricted_calc() file \
/home/mjt/e18/share/enventor/themes/enventor.edj, group edit_layout overflowed \
4000x4000 with minimum size of 414x8974. Continuing discarding faulty parts.

I watched the Youtube demo video, but somehow Enventor doesn't seem very easy to use.

So far I'd say Eflete looks like what I'd really like to use, but maybe
we have to wait for things to mature a bit. I don't think I'm devoted
enough to put the time and effort into tweaking the default theme with a text
editor, though it certainly looks like it's made to be tweaked :)

--
mjt