List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] What's going on with SVG support?
From:       Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster () rasterman ! com>
Date:       2012-08-17 3:31:27

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:51:45 +1000 Daniel Kasak <daniel.kasak@themig.com> said:

> Until recently, evas / e17 supported SVG image rendering, so when I
> chose an icon theme with SVG icons, it worked. After rebuilding
> yesterday, it stopped working. I saw the docs in evas saying that you
> now need to install esvg. So I did that, rebuilt evas and e, and
> restarted. But SVG icons still don't render. I have however noticed that
> my .xsession-errors log doesn't have lines complaining that SVG support
> is missing.
>
> Anyway, what gives? Is there something undocumented I should be doing?
> Or just wait? Or is SVG support on it's way out?

it could be the esvg loader is failing to load the svg you want to see, but the
svg test passes. the svg test loads a simple svg file when e starts to check e
can load svg's - if this load files then e will complain (but keep working)
that svg loading does't work. this test svg is:

$PREFIX/share/enlightenment/data/images/test.svg

try set this as your svg icon for whatever app it is - if this works, then it's
an issue specifically with the svg you are trying to view. esvg doesn't like it
for some reason. why requires specific testing of THAT image.

as an alternative you can use evas_generic_loaders that includes the old rsvg
svg loader, and now won't crash E anymore, and thus e will fall back to
evas_geneeric loaders to load svg.