List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Has emprint been depreciated or something?
From:       "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp () ttlc ! net>
Date:       2011-08-29 12:17:24

It would appear that on Aug 27, Carsten Haitzler did say:

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:45:16 -0400 "Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp@ttlc.net>
> said:
> > But I am curious though. I mean when I first experimented with emprint the
> > same way, it worked perfectly from an xterm. I'm guessing the Enlightenment
> > developers just plain write better code.
>
> hmm no. i don't think we wrote better code. ours is just a LOT simpler and i
> suspect we do things very differently. :)

All I got to say is: "vive la différence!"

Thanks again!

--
|   ---   ___
|   <0>   <->     Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
|       ^              J(tWdy)P
|    ~\___/~      <<jtwdyp@ttlc.net>>

PS: it looks like the missing emprint from Sabayon's repo was because the
installer defaults to the most stable repo named "Sabayon-weekly". All I had
to do was find out how to switch to the {slightly closer to bleeding edge} repo
named "Sabayon.org" and suddenly the package was available.

But I think I'll work on a "import" based version of my scripts anyway.
It'd be nice to have a backup method ready. Just in case...