List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Wacky e16 feature request: Dynamic Menus
From:       James Bowlin <bowlin () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2010-08-29 17:38:24

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 06:35 PM, Kim Woelders said:
> Come to think of it, this is already possible.
>
> You can make a script generating a menu file and then load that.
> Example - Put stuff below in a file (mark it executable) and bind it
> to some key or put it in a menu (exec type).
>
> [...]
>
> system("eesh menus show $menufile");
>
> The only thing you can't do this way is to make the menu appear as a
> regular submenu.

Brilliant!  Thank you.  Maybe I will make a little ramdisk area for the
temporary menus so there won't be much of a speed hit when I create a
whole tree of menus in one go, for example for managing windows.

I also really appreciate the xinerama changes you made, especially the
one regarding opening windows under the mouse pointer.  I probably use
that 20 times or more a day now (opening a window under the mouse that
would have spanned the monitors before you made the change).   "Fixing"
the full-screen mplayer and opening new full-screen windows on the
screen containing the pointer are also making my e16 experience more
enjoyable.  Thank you.

Peace, James

Treat everything you perceive as a dream.
                         -- Lojong Slogan