List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Laptop multi-mon with E17
From:       Andrew Grimberg <tykeal () bardicgrove ! org>
Date:       2009-08-22 14:53:57

Hmm... I suppose my primary problem is that I'm using Fedora 11 and they
now default to not creating an xorg.conf file at all.  I've managed (and
not easily) to get the dual screen working with issuing a series of
xrandr commands as for some reason it doesn't want to take a single
command set to get the monitors situated.

That all works (mostly) but then E doesn't seem to want to address both
monitors correctly.  Operations that are to be performed on "this
screen" or "this desktop" like setting wallpapers seems to want to
affect the primary (read the laptop) monitor only :(  While screen aware
gadgets (shelves and such) seem to work just fine.

I suppose I might try creating a config file, but I'm actually happier
without one as the monitor resolution autodetection is really what I
want.  I hook up to a lot of various sized monitors (I do some
traveling) so don't have a set docked (or undocked) configuration.

-Andy-