List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] e16 from Fedora Repos failure
From:       Michael Jennings <e-users () kainx ! org>
Date:       2008-04-25 7:51:28

On Thursday, 24 April 2008, at 15:50:22 (+0700),
Jean-Phi wrote:

> [root@DC266 ~]# yum -y update
> [...]
>  Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
> Updating:
>  e16                     i386       0.16.8.12-3.fc7  updates           964 k
>
> Transaction Summary
> Install      0 Package(s)
> Update       1 Package(s)
> Remove       0 Package(s)
>
> Total download size: 964 k
> Downloading Packages:
> (1/1): e16-0.16.8.12-3.fc 100% |=========================| 964 kB    00:37
> [...]
> Running Transaction
>   Updating  : e16                          ######################### [1/2]

First off, we don't supply this repo or these packages, so you should
really take this up with the repo maintainer, not this list.

> Error unpacking rpm package e16 - 0.16.8.12-3.fc7.i386
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/e16/themes/winter/ttfonts: cpio: rename
>
> Updated: e16.i386 0:0.16.8.12-3.fc7
> Complete!
> [root@DC266 ~]#
>

> -Is it because I am currently running a straight-from-sourceforge e16.8.12?
> -If the issue is on Fedora Repos side, I will take care of filling a bug report by the packager.
>
> renaming errors often comes from Permissions issues, so I checked to
> see if there were any obvious difference from one file to the other
> but nope. And I don't have a cpio file there.

cpio is the internal format that RPM stores files in.  The "rename"
error comes not from permissions but rather from trying to replace a
directory with a symbolic link.  This operation must be done in
%pretrans, which the packager probably didn't know.

Michael

Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)