List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] Dropshadow module
From:       Jean-Phi <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-10 3:09:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 07 Apr 2008, Steve Jones wrote:
> I have a borderless, transparent window (just to show some text that
> looks like it's on the desktop), but it looks a bit odd with the
> dropshadow round it and nothing else. Is it possible to specify whether
> this window shouldn't have a dropshadow applied while the others do?

E16 allows that very well, Raster may be despising FakeTransparency a lot, but
it was a nice trick back then & I use it everyday.

A Terminal as background, in e16:
http://www.bhor-allarts.org/LDR/TermBack.jpg

E16 does offer individual settings. Above is a gnome-terminal set
as "below", "borderless", and with no shadows; in gnome-terminal settings
it's "hide toolbar", no scroll arrows (but you can scroll) & transparent
background.  It uses the E remember feature after the proper name of the
settings in gnome-terminal settings, and only take "title" as target argument
(it will be the saved settings' title). From there, it will remember whatever
you see fit: location, size & such. Then there is a script to fire it up,
symlinked in ~/.e16/Start folder.

And Bob's my uncle!
Sorry if I made a show of myself: I really love this feature.

Jean-Philippe
[Yes the screenshot is my everyday production machine, believe it or not.]
--

Cheers... From Cambodia!

Luke Skywalker:
	How did my father die?
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi:
	A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil
	of mine until he turned to evil, helped the
	Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights.
	He betrayed and murdered your father.

--Fedora 7 / Enlightenment DR16--