List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    [e-users] Keybindings and transset
From:       Daniel Kasak <dan () entropy ! homelinux ! org>
Date:       2006-05-29 8:52:58

Hi all.

I've been playing with running E17 under XGL, and I've set up
keybindings to trigger transset.

I've got 2 x 2-line scripts:

transset-df -p --inc .1
echo "up" >> /home/dan/translog

and

transset-df -p --dec .1
echo "down" >> /home/dan/translog

The -p switch means to "select the window currently under the cursor".

I've found that if I put the above command directly into 'Params' bit in
the keybindings setup, that it doesn't work - at all. But if I put the
transset-df commands into a script, and then call that script, it works,
but only sometimes ...

I open a terminal and 'tail -f /home/dan/translog', and each time I
press the key sequences ( currently WIN + left square
bracket and WIN + right square bracket ), the script(s) run. However,
sometimes ( lots actually ) the scripts have no effect on the window I'm
pointing at. When I drop to a console, I can see the following errors
being logged:

unknown_program: error: can't grab the mouse

There are lots of these.

That's the grand total of the sum of my investigative abilities :)
Perhaps someone knows what's up? If not, not to worry ... I'm mainly
curious, and I can deal with having to repeat the keybinding sequence a
couple of times.

Dan