List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    [e-users] icon at top-left changes when changing theme
From:       Yasufumi Haga <yasufumi.haga () nifty ! com>
Date:       2006-02-25 1:19:12

Hi all

I have two icons to start "emacs" and "emacs -e mew" respectively
in my e17 environment. These icons work perfectly and each of them
is correctly shown at the top-left corner of the window in one theme.
But when I change a theme, say from default to Cthulhain, those
icons at the top-left corners change to a different one which is
not either one above, and the icons become undefined. The menu shown
by clicking right button on a title bar has the entry "Create Icon",
not "Edit Icon".
I created those icons by directly using .edc file because it seems
that EAP editor accept "emacs", but not "emacs -e mew" as a command.
I tried the other icons such as Eterm and xchat, but this problem
doesn't happen. Here are the scripts to create them. This script
was included in the early E17 user guide.

(for Emacs)
#!/bin/sh

# a .eap file is just a .edj file with added meta data for application launch
# info. enlightenment_eapp can add/modify/delete this metadata. the script
# below is an example of building an eap icon from scratch.

# actually compile a edje file with all the gfx etc.
edje_cc $@ -id . -fd . Emacs.edc Emacs.eap

# add eapp properties to the file - they are ALL optional EXCEPT name and exe
# and exe is optional for directory .eapp files
enlightenment_eapp \
Emacs.eap \
-set-name "Emacs" \
-set-generic "Emacs" \
-set-comment "" \
-set-exe "emacs" \
-set-win-name "Emacs" \
-set-win-class "Emacs" \
-set-icon-class ""

# other options u might want to use:
# -lang LANG
# -set-startup-notify 1/0 \
# -set-win-title "window_title*glob" \
# -set-win-role "window_role" \
# -set-wait-exit 1/0 \
#
# see enlightenment_eapp -h for more -set options

(for Emacs -e mew)
"mew.sh is a shell script which includes the lines below:
emacs -e mew
exit

edje_cc $@ -id . -fd . Mew.edc Mew.eap

# add eapp properties to the file - they are ALL optional EXCEPT name and exe
# and exe is optional for directory .eapp files
enlightenment_eapp \
Mew.eap \
-set-name "mew.sh" \
-set-generic "mew" \
-set-comment "" \
-set-exe "mew.sh" \
-set-win-name "Mew" \
-set-win-class "Emacs" \
-set-icon-class ""

# other options u might want to use:
# -lang LANG
# -set-startup-notify 1/0 \
# -set-win-title "window_title*glob" \
# -set-win-role "window_role" \
# -set-wait-exit 1/0 \
#
# see enlightenment_eapp -h for more -set options

Any help is apprciated.
Regards.

---
Yasufumi Haga   yasufumi.haga@nifty.com
                http://homepage3.nifty.com/peterpan/
fingerprint:0EFA 299A BC32 7D68 1FEF  BA2B 804E 9B15 C4F0 F9F0